Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blood Work and IV

So today was one of the longest days of my life! I woke up about 2am and could not get back to sleep. I had gone to bed early hoping that the pain in my stomach would go away. Well it just kept getting worse :( So I woke up mom and dad and they thought it was just heart burn so they gave me some meds. Well that didn't help, so I got the heating pad and slept on it. Needless to say the heat bad it worse. So when I finally got back to sleep around 7 I was in tons of pain. When Bethany came in to give me my good morning hug and kiss, I got up and mom made me some toast to see if I could handle it. Well I couldn't, and then it lead to the dry heaves. AWFUL! So we loaded little one in the car, because I couldn't hardly move, and mom took me up to the urgent care. I was then admitted and had several tests ran. The took blood work first and they said it was all normal. Then I was sent off to the cat scan, what fun. They stuck the IV in me and started pumping dye into my system. That was one of the worst feelings of being sick. My body got warm and I felt like i was shaking, but of course I survived lol. So afterwards they said it looked fine. That meant we were back to the start... it wasn't an appendicitis. I was then sent home and told to take the meds they gave me. Mom took me to work so I could find someone to work for me. As I sat there in a ball on the phone, Andy just finally told me to go home, and he'd make someone work it for me. He could tell I was in no mood to work, much less have the energy. As I was leaving Josh got there! He came to see me real fast and to get his BOM, he had left in the car on Thursday... which is another story... we got stuck in traffic for 2 hours on the Watterson coming home...agg! Mom meet him for a moment. She laughed once he left and told me he sure is a country boy. Josh has a rather thick accent! lol
So the rest of the day was spent sitting on the couch trying not to move, or else I would be in more pain. The med's haven't seemed to help. However I have been able to keep some food down, so I hope thats a good thing!

Well I'm going to try and get some sleep before I gotta get up and do hw, then watch confrence! Night y'all! Love ya!

0 comments :