Friday, June 6, 2008

Have I finally figured things out some what?

Is it true? Has Allison Burnett finally figured out her calling in life?

Why yes she has!!!


After a lot of thinking, praying, going to the temple, talking with mom some, I have decided as of now I am going to become a social worker! I've always liked helping others and in my Patriarchal Blessing it tells my that my career will be helping those less fortunate than me. I want to help kids who have gone through a lot and have had to deal with issues like I have to become stronger. My heart aches for them. Just knowing there are so many kids out there who don't have anywhere to turn to is heartbreaking.

However this does mean I will be going back up to Rexburg for school. I am not certain if I will go this fall and work there, since it is cheaper to live there in the fall then here, or go in the winter. I will hopefully soon know what I am doing. I just have to wait a little longer and have some more patience with the Lord. In His due time will I know what to do.

Thanks everyone for being there always and helping me through life. I know I can be hard to deal with and I'm sorry. I love you all tons!

3 comments :

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

We love you tons too! :)

The Jones Family said...

Sounds like a fun and challenging plan...You should stay here in the fall, its pretty cheap and I mean come on, you love it! :) We love you!!!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

The only thing that might be easier to moving in the Fall would be the weather! :) Might be worth thinking about! Depends on the job you find down there though! Any nibbles yet?!?