Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 6... my luck changes for awhile!

Friday was the day we were suppose to attend the San Diego Temple! It's my favorite temple and I wanted to go so bad, but on the drive down, we realized something that changed my hopes and dreams. My temple recommend was not signed! I have no idea how I hadn't noticed it before, or that the Provo Temple hadn't either. So we hurried up all week trying to get hold of my Bishop, and with my luck of the week, he was out of town and had just gotten a new phone number so no one had it. In the mean while i had his home number & Sister Olyer was home so she and I played phone tag all week, and she got hold of Bishop Oyler and gave him the temple number without me knowing. So Thursday night I got a call from her telling me, that he had called the temple and got it cleared so I could attend the next day! I must say I love my Bishop & his wife! Last weekend I actually went up to their cabin with them & had a blast. However back to the story. So Friday came and we went to the temple! It is amazing how wonderful it is, inside and out. We talked to one of the sister missionaries there & she told us that President Hinckely always said that the Salt Lake Temple was the King of all Temples, until the San Diego one was built. Then he said that Salt Lake was the King and finally that the Queen was the San Diego one!



The sister's took this for us so you could get Moroni with us.
Simply Stunning!
love it!
Me, by the temple I want to get married in!

It amazes me how something can be so beautiful!


So after this we went to find our hotel for the night. The other hotel only had room for us the one night. So we are on our way & Amy calls to make sure we have a room, and well the lady didn't make our reservation like she told so... so once again we were homeless! Papa & Amy got on the phone once again and worked some magic & got us a room for the last night!
We went there and got changed and I laid down for a little then it was off to the San Diego Zoo!
Those pics will be coming soon... my camera got left in the car, so Amy took them for me. We actually didn't stay that long at the zoo. We were there less than a hour! We took the Bus Tour and called it a day. We saw most of the animals from the tour and they were all asleep. So with me not feeling good, and everyone else wore out from the week, we called it a day.
We headed back to the hotel and just relaxed for the night.

Saturday we woke up an hour late, but we made it up, and got home
in time for Callie's mission Reunion!

1 comments :

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

You're right! It is a beautiful Temple! Stunning actually! Maybe one day I will get to see it too. I won't home my breath though! It sounds like a wonderful end to a very nice week overall! Nice that you could see the zoo on a bus tour! That saves the legs and feet! :) Mom