Thursday, April 25, 2013

Great Grandma Ethel and Gavin

As most of my readers should know by now, the day I went into the hospital to have Gavin my Grandpa Burnett returned to live with our Heavenly Father. It was the hardest thing for me not to be able to say goodbye and attend his funeral with the rest of my family, much less not to have any of my family there to help me through the other hardest thing of my life, labor. Because of all that had went on my Grandpa's (second wife and the only one I ever knew), Grandma Ethel had not met Gavin. I decided it was time ti fix that. I have been sending her pictures of him and she was more than excited to see him. Monday morning Mom, Granny (Mom's mother), Gavin, and I headed up to Charleston West Virginia for a day trip. We got there around 11:45 and Gavin was in a happy mood which I'm glad so he could met his Great Grandma Ethel. She loved on him so much! We took Grandma Ethel out to lunch to get her out and about as she doesn't do so too much anymore with it being just her. For those of you who do not know it's been a really hard year for our family. After Grandpa died, my Aunt Judy (Grandma's daughter) passed away also. Those were the two people she was the closest to and spent all her time with or on the phone with. We figured she needed to get out and be around people while we were there. WE had a good visit with her then headed to a rehabilitation center to visit my great great cousin Betty June. She had heart surgery the week before and is there recovering. We surprised her as she had no idea we were even in town. I think both ladies enjoyed our quick trip to see them. I love my Grandma Ethel and miss her dearly. I wish she lived closer so she could do more with our family.

Hi Grandma, I'm Gavin!
Studying each other
Big Hugs!
I don't know what they both were looking at but I think it's cute
Gavin with both his Great Grandma's
Granny, Gavin, and Grandma Ethel
I thought it was neat that he was with both of them and wanted to capture this moment forever! I have one with both my great grandma's in this same house when I was little!
Me, Gavin, Grandma Ethel

Gavin and his great, great, great cousin Betty June.
She is my Grandma Burnett's (my dad mom) cousin

0 comments :