Sunday, April 7, 2013

Downhill from here?!

One year ago today Clinton and I entered the house of the Lord single, and came out married. What a wonderful opportunities the Lord has given each of us to have eternal families.
 This past year has been a busy one for us. Every new couple has their ups and downs, however blending a family and having another child all in the first year of marriage was crazy. I love all of our kids and want them to know how much they each mean to their father and me. They say after the first year it's all downhill from here... I guess only time will tell.


I made banana waffles for our anniversary breakfast 




Lately I had one more place to change my name to Freeman and in doing so I was able to get out our temple marriage certificate. I took a moment and paused with joy as I looked down at the two witness signatures. One was my father, William Burnett and the second my late grandfather Marlan Burnett. Being able to see and have my grandpa's signature for the eternities means the world to me. This was the last time I saw him and it was one of the best days of my life. I am glad he was able to join me and Clint in the celebrating of our marriage and love.

I love you Clinton Joshua Freeman!!

0 comments :