Friday, November 30, 2012

Aggravating Time, Emotional Drain

For those of you who have been keeping up with us and baby things have changed yet again. Monday I was having major leg pain and with my blood condition my doctor sent me in for a Cardio-Doppler... other words an ultra sound of my leg. This is to make sure that there wasn't a blood clot which could easily hurt or even in some cases kill me or the baby. This is one reason I am high risk, since the condition increases my chances even more so than a 'normal' pregnant lady for blood clots. They didn't find any which was great so while talking to my doctor on the phone she told me to go see her the next morning instead of Thursday as we had scheduled. Well the appointment was going well, and since I'm in so much pain and all the other medical issues (blood condition and my bad placenta) she decided to move my induction date from December 5th to Thursday (November 29). 

Clint and I had to arrive at the hospital at 7 that morning to get things started. I was already dilated to 1 cm before we went and my cervix had already started to thin so hopes are looking high at this point. Most people know about pitocin however there are other medical ways to induce labor. Pitocin isn't used unless your water has broken or you are dialted to 3 cm. Since neither had accured for me, they started me out with a vaginal insert called Cervidil. This is a pill that helps to rippen the cervix and allows the body to start labor contractions. Every 4 hours is when the check you with this and see how you are progressing and after 2 pills, if not by the first pill, your body has started to kick in and labor. Well my body had kicked in alright and contractions were starting. As the night went on they got stronger and things were looking up. They gave me some medicine to help with the pain and to sleep, at this point I'd been up for almosta full day. Once I got to sleep for some reason my body decided that contractions weren't important and to slow them down and not allow me to dialate. So of course this wasn't what I wanted to hear. They gave me another dose of the Cervidil and then it was the waiting game. The doctor came in this morning and checked me and of course still nothing so the difficult choice had to be made. 

At this point there were 3 choices, try one more round of the Cervidil and hope for the best ( I had 5 doses at this point... NOT normal), have her break my water and hope my body would then decide to progress and if not then be forced to have a c-section later, or simply give up and go home. After having been there for 27 hours in labor I had no desire to go home because I just wanted my baby to come already. However Papa and Clint had given me a blessing earlier so we had to make sure to do what the Lord sees fit, even when we don't know why or agree. SO the heart aching choice was to come home. Clint, Mom, and Papa and I headed home with no baby. We showed my parents the house then decided we all needed to eat as we hadn't yet for the day. Then afterward we took them for a drive around town before my parents left to head back home. 

Overall it's been a really long couple of days. I'm still having contractions, once I woke up and they had given me the last does it started them again. She sent me home with some pain medicine to help and some sleeping medicine so hopefully my body can rest for whenever this little one tries to come for real. As of right now Clint and I are to go back in Tuesday the 4th at 7 PM so hopefully we'll have him soon after if the induction will take well. If not we'll have to sadly opt for the c-section considering all the medicial issues and if my body won't allow after 2 attempts she doesn't think it's worth trying a third time. Muchless the physical, mental, and emotional health that it drains from you. 

...Not to mention I hadn't had much swelling at all during my pregnancy, and now I am swollen like a balloon. I can't hardly even bend my fingers because they are so swollen. Since I was admitted to the hospital and from the time I came home I had so much fluid and swelling I have gained 6 addtional pounds.

All in all, I'm very aggravated and just feel like crap. I know there is nothing I have done wrong and that my body is just being stubborn, but that doesn't make it any easier. Thinking the next time you go home you'll have an addtion to the family with you is hard when you come home without them. 

Enough about all this or I might just have another meltdown. Here are the few pictures of what we have from the hospital round one!  


What we thought would be the last picture of me looking 'good' and pregnant.
This was right before  we left the house.

Just got hooked up and ready to start the long process.


The wating game goes on...

Clint (Daddy to be... again lol) and Papa (Grandpa to be... again)
The men got bored waiting that they went to a wood store in the middle of the day to kill a few hours.

Mom and I talking, passing time of course.

Add caption


Ready to get walking. I was sick of the bed.
And this is the final picture of round one.
 Now it's the waiting game for round two... and more pictures to come....and a baby!

0 comments :