Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall and Halloween

Since my last post much has happened, so where to start?!

Well a quick update for those who don't know, Clint has had some health issues that we've been trying to figure out before the baby gets here, so we've been having lots of tests. So far nothing much has been shown on the results as to why and what is preventing them, but he's been having seizures. Which then means the house has not been worked on much, which is okay I'd rather have a healthy husband than a baby room finished. However it has been nice that his actual dad, Steve, has made a few trips up to help out. He's helped to take out a bathroom, mud and paint 2 closets, and flooring. Yesterday he came up and helped start and finish the flooring in the room, so now we just have to get the trim up, the doors up, and the shelf in the closet. After that's all complete we can start moving this kid into his room!

One Friday night we headed to the church chili cook off/ Halloween trunk or treat with the boys. We all looked cute in our shirts. 
Clint, Alli, and Scoot


Carson, Cody, and Cole

Of course having been October that means fall, and Halloween. For those of you who have not realized I love this time of year mostly for one reason.... PUMPKINS! So Clint and I carved ours one night a couple of weeks ago. I don't think Clint realized how much I get into carving until he took 30 mins or so and I took about 2 hours... (this includes gutting and everything) tehehe. 











  




For Halloween this year the twins were Mario and Luigi. If I might say so myself, they looked super cute.
Luigi and Mario
(Carson and Cole)

Onto more baby news. With my blood condition I have, my doctor has been monitoring me closer than normal. Well this past week I went in for another ultra sound and appointment. We got some good and bad news all at the same time. Scooter is growing just fine and is still measuring rather larger for his "age". At 30 weeks he is guessed to be about 6 pounds 8 ounces, now if he really is who knows. On the bad news side, he is literally draining me and the placenta. As the doc explained it to us on a scale of 1-10, 10 being a healthy placenta that is fully functional mine is at a 2. Taking this into consideration and my condition, I will not be allowed to go full term. Myself and him are going for stress tests each week now to monitor him and see if he is still getting the nutrients he needs. Whenever my doctor feels it is unsafe for him, or myself she will  make the final call and either help to induce labor as I am already dilating, or if need be, have a c-section. In other words this little guy could come any day now. We're hoping he will hold on a little longer so I don't have to start shots to help his lungs develop and so he can cook more. We do know though he will not be a Christmas baby which makes me happy :) 

I think that about does it for this 'quick' update on our family. Hope all is well with everyone else!

0 comments :