Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Families ARE Forever

We all know that today is the day I'm suppose to go in to be induced yet again. However the Lord had another plan to remind myself and my family that families are really forever. Through the blessings of the gospel and Priesthood we know we can see each other after this life. It's a refreshing knowledge as you welcome a little one into the family knowing that they just came from being with our Heavenly Father. However today we haven't welcomed a new family member (yet at least), and sad goodbye for a little while to one. Grandpa Burnett passed away this morning. I know he is in a better place and gets to see Grandma Burnett as she's been gone for about 30 years, he's mom and 2 brothers, and even his dad who died when he was 12. It's a happy reunion up there right now. I hope they are spending the last few moments with Scooter teaching him what he needs to know and loving him before he comes to join us.

I am forever grateful for my temple marriage. My sisters were all married in the temple, but out in Utah, so with my grandfathers heath my grandparents weren't able to attend. Since I was married out here it was nice to have them be apart of it. My grandfather was able to be a witness for our wedding and I'm glad he was able to do so. At the time I didn't know that would be the last time I would see him. I'm lucky to have been able to spend some of out last memories together in the House of the Lord. I know my Savior lives and has done so much for us so we can return as families and see one another again someday. I will always remember my grandfather and all that he has done for myself and our family. He raised a wonderful son, who is the best father I could ask for. The example they both have set for me is amazing and I hope to live up to the knowledge and choices necessary so I can be with them for eternity.

My parent's, Clint and I, Grandma Ethel and Grandpa

Amy, Me, and Grandpa
He was such a trooper and use to let us play with his hair. We would put bows and everything in  his hair.
He never complained once! Now that's a good grandpa.
Love you Grandpa!

1 comments :

Maya said...

I am sorry for your lost, Ali. But thanks for reminding your readers that because families are forever, there's hope.