Thursday, April 21, 2011

My World Just Flips Upside Down

The title of this really has nothing to do with what I'm going to say... it's just a line in a song I'm listening to right now :)

Anyway I'm just sitting here getting somethings ready for my class next week and for parent night as well. While doing this I'm of course listening to music as always which is why I am writing. Music is an amazing part of life. When I can't seem to find the right words, or the right thing to cheer me up, or anything at that matter I know I can also go to music.

Since I was little I've always sang and played the piano. One of the most relaxing things in the world to me is simply sitting down at the piano and singing the Hymns and play other church music. No matter what is going on in my life I know I can find peace and love in them and lately that's what's helping me through things.

It honestly seems like nothing ever seems to workout the way we plan or even hope for (I know that's life, but still). When opportunity's are placed in our path and we are excited for them before we know it, it feels like it's ripped from us. Having a greater knowledge I do understand that sometimes things aren't meant to be and just aren't right for that time, but that doesn't make anything less painful.

If you read my blog more than likely you know about my job and how unhappy I am. I love kids and I love helping them to learn and grow, but I am not happy with who I work for and the way everything is managed. I come home miserable most days, and half the time I'm not even in my own classroom anymore. I don't know what to do because I have done my best to look for another job and everything just doesn't show anything. It gets to you! I try my best to just keep my head up but sometimes it's not good enough, you know what I mean?

If I could do anything in the world, I would just love for music to be my career! It's the most wonderful thing. I wish I could just somehow be able to do so, know the right person, or something, I'm just tied of feeling like I fail at everything I try to do.

4 comments :

Maya said...

Hey Allie!

How are you? Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am doing fantastic actually. It's busy and stressful but I am so very happy! I am sorry to hear about your work. I understand what you mean. I felt that way about my job three years ago and just wanted to change it so bad, I don't know why it took so long. But when it finally happened, everything fell into place. I am sure that is what's happening right now for you.

When you say you want a career in music, do you mean recording your own songs, teaching music, or...?

Laura Jansson said...

Music is an amazing thing! If that's what you want to do, then find a way to do it. But, you are not a failure! You have to just find the thing you are most passionate about (Music!?!) & put your mind to making it work. Most of your favorite actors & actresses got rejected time after time after time before they got their way into the business. I love you & know that if you really put your mind to something, you can do it. You have the love & support of your family to help you through :)

The Jones Family said...

Allison, I love you! I know you're going through a rough time and getting turned down for things is never easy. Just always remember that the Lord has a plan for you, even when we don't see it or understand it, it's there. He will never fail us as long as we are trying and doing the things we are supposed to. I am proud of you for doing just that. You are an amazing young lady and I know you can do anything you set your mind too. Don't let others make you feel like you can't. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out...I enjoyed reading your thoughts; music can truly be inspiring and I'm glad you have an outlet on those days when nothing seems to go right. I know you'll find what you're supposed to do (music or whatever else) - I believe in you! :) I love you too!!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

You're a beautiful and gifted young lady. Never forget that. Follow your dreams and listen to The Spirit. You will never go wrong by doing that. Music has a way of leading our hearts just that way. Open your heart and mind to whatever it is our Heavenly Father has in store for you. I love you and know that He does too and we all want you to be truly happy. You only fail, when you fail to try...You can be and do anything you set your mind to! Always know how special you are. You are a daughter of God and He has sent you here to succeed...And you WILL because you're AWESOME!