Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breaking News

Breaking News!


Today started out as a normal work day for my class and myself. WE had breakfast, then had circle time. We practiced writing the letter "Aa" and then played for a little. After awhile we picked up and did bubbles and got out out pet hermit crab "Sally". The kids love to get her out and watch her "run" around the room as they say. Then it was off to lunch. Well everyday after lunch we have nap time... let me back up a little.

There's one kid in my class who has some issues hitting... and the child tends to take it all out on me for the most part. I'd rather this child hit me than any of the other students, but lately the kid has been hitting more and more....

Well at nap time today this child decided to attack me. That's right just full on beat me. I finally got this kid off of me and I lay in the middle of my class room crying because I first off shouldn't have to take this abus and second off I was in pain. I get another teacher to trade rooms and she looked at me amazed as to what this child has done to me. My body is coverd in red marks from the fists and my eye and left side of my face are red too where my face took some hits as well.

I go home and take some medicine and what not to help the pain and what not. Nothing seems to help, so I head back to work to get information to go to the doctors under workmans comp. I go to the doctor and they take xrays and low and behold the child has fractured my jaw. Breaking news aye! A child can break a grown adults face!

I'm just taking it easy and taking the medicine I was given, however I am HUNGRY! I can't hardly open my mouth and it hurts to talk. Overall my day wasn't the best I've had in a long time. The only upside to this mess was when Jay told me he was moving closer officially :) Made me smile (as big as I could without hurting too much lol).

4 comments :

The Jones Family said...

Oh my, this is just crazy! I hope you get feeling better soon...and I hope that little boy gets some help! Let me know if you need anything. And I'm excited Jayson's moving closer :)

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

Take it easy...and let's hope things will look up soon! Afterall...with Jayson moving closer...they already have! :)

The Jones Family said...

P.S. Your new background is super cute :)

Heather said...

Hope you're healing quickly and finally able to eat. And I agree with Amy...CUTE background!!!!