Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sushi and Lollicup

Last night I went out with Jayson and I had a really good time. We got Sushi for dinner and it was good. Well more like Jay got the Sushi and I ate some of it, and I got chicken teriyaki. However the sushi really wasn't too bad. I've had sushi before so I knew what I was getting myself into to a certain point but he got some things I hadn't tried before. I forgot to take pictures but here are some that I found that are of what I ate!




So if me eating sushi wasn't enough for a night here is more! Afterward he was excited about this slushy place and took me there. This was NOT a normal shlusy place! While on his mission Jay was introduced to Vietnamese food and likes it, so he wanted to share that with me. Lollicup is the place we went and they make their slushy's with boba. Boba are large black tapioca balls (compared to the small opaque balls of tapioca mostly found in puddings) that are chewy in texture. The boba balls were slightly warm and had a nice chew, but were a little on the mushy side. Would I just go get one for fun all the time... NO! However it was fun to try something new. You can see the boba at the bottom of the cup...



The rest of the night was spent talking and just enjoying the time together. At the end of the night it was hard to let go of each other. This might possibly be the last time we see each other for awhile as I am moving. As I drove away I felt like a piece of me was left behind, my heart. BUT I will be back in a couple of weeks since my sister Laura and her family are coming out, so it will be good to see him then also. I made sure last night he knew he HAD to make time for me then :) Overall I had a really good night with Jay and I miss him already!

4 comments :

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

Sounds like a fun and interesting evening! You're braver than I am I think! :)

Heather said...

Glad you had fun....had Sushi once, will NEVER eat raw fish for "fun"....but I'm glad you had a good time!

Laura Jansson said...

GROSS!!! ha ha ha

The Jones Family said...

Ewwww! I'm glad you able to try it and that you guys had fun together :) I love you!!!!