Saturday, April 17, 2010

Malad Idaho

Yesterday (Friday) was the official moving day. I left Utah and I am now in Idaho! On the way up to Rexburg I was thinking about Jenkin and wanted to visit him, so I made a stop by Malad. Since no one from our family was able to attend his funeral and burial I was lost as to where he was in the cemetery. So what else was there to do but start the hunt. I walked up and down every row. Now you wouldn't think this would be AS hard with the name Jenkin Jones, however half the town are Jones or Jenkins. Over an hour later I finally came to Grandpa Jenkin's headstone. He was burried by himself since he refused to be buried next to his first wife, and his family wouldn't let him be next to Grandma. Os I turned around and on the tombstone on the row before him his name was on the back listed as a child. I was glad to know he was around his family and next to his parents, he wasn't all alone after all. So here are a few pictures I took for family history and what not. Papa wanted one of Jenkins parents also, here they are!!! OH and the cemetery happened to also be on Jenkins Ave. Here's the sign....





2 comments :

Heather said...

How cool that you got to make the stop....thanks for the info on how to find it, maybe we'll get to stop next time!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

I'm so glad you stopped by. It's good to know where he is now! Thanks for doing all of the leg work for us! :)