Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a trip

Monday I headed back out west towards Utah and Idaho. Once I got to Detroit our layover went fine, but once we got on the plane things started to go downhill. We sat at the gate for about 45 minutes until we were told to unload the plane. We had to head to a different gate and load another plane. Once we were all seated and ready to go, we were told it would be another 10 minutes so they could get all our luggage on to the new plane. 20 minutes later, we were told it would be another 15, then another 15 minutes passed and we were still sitting at the gate! Needless to say we finally took off. What was suppose to be a 3 and 1/2 hour flight, turned into almost 5 hours in the air! Salt Lake's airport only had one runway open so all the planes were in a holding pattern, which added all that extra time :( However we landed and made it safely there.
Since it was in the middle of a snow storm Vince and I waited to drive up till Tuesday. It took us over 2 hours to get to Heather's house, 20 minutes away from the airport because of traffic. We did have better traffic on Tuesday. What usually takes me about 3 or so hours to drive, took almost 5 hours also. We had some rough spots but we survived. We did have one scare that I just screamed and my heart rate went shooting through the sky. We were almost to Pocatello when we hit a patch of ice. Thankfully I was the only one there so no one got hurt, but my car went crazy! It started going all over the road, but I did get control back and we were fine. Vince was asleep at that point, but it woke him up. We stopped in Pokey for a little and got some things at walmart, then finished the hour drive. Once we got to Rexburg the race was on!
We had so much that needed to be done before 5 that afternoon, and we got them done pretty quickly. Then it was off to the Storage unit to load up my car with all my 'junk' lol. We took about 3 trips, and there's still some I need to get, and to take containers back.
Then today was the first day of classes and the 2 I had seem like they will be good. Math will be a little rough at first trying to remeber what I learned in high school, but things will get better. I have more classes tomorrow, so we'll see how they go. I should be getting to bed I guess so I can get up. Night!

7 comments :

Heather said...

Glad you made it...it was QUITE the experience for us all here on the Utah end. I'm glad that you're back in Idaho and that you got things all set up! Love the new background....cute! :)

Laura Jansson said...

I'm glad you made it, sounds scary!!! We miss you, but have fun and have a good attitude! Love you!!

The Jones Family said...

I'm excited you made it up there safely - sorry the trip out was so dramatic! It was great to see you though and I'm so happy you're back up there in school...call me soon and tell me everything! I LOVE YOU!!!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

Sounds like a VERY exciting trip! We're glad you're there safe and sound and getting back in the swing of things! Know that we are always there for you and that Heavenly Father will guide in in all things. Stay close and do all that you can and everything will be great! Maybe not easy but great! We love you!

Mark & Rachel said...

It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to Bountiful from the airport-we called it a night too!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

What a cute background!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

I know you have been busy....but really....you can surely find time to post something new!?!?