Thursday, August 7, 2008

Moving...

So this time next week I will be busy packing my stuff up. We all know I am moving back to Idaho and this time for awhile again. The move down here to Provo was random and not expected. However I am glad I came. It's been fun having family close. But after looking back on this summer, I have finally realized why the Lord wanted me here. My ward in Rexburg was anything but lovely as most people know. It was so bad my Bishop had no idea who I was and so on. Here I was blessed with a ward that taught me what I needed. I might not have many friends here besides my family, but when I go to church, I learn so much. I've always had a hard time being teachable, and willing to listen. After the wake up call I had after high school, I've learned to listen more. Even more so I have learned the importance of the Spirit. There's not a day that goes by that I wish I had been in a place where the Spirit could have been, and that I could have listened. However I have learned from my past and mistakes. My ward here has so much to offer spiritually to others. I will miss going to church and hearing what there is to be taught. I have been blessed with the gospel in my life, and I am forever grateful for its role. It took moving and relearning things I have always been taught to have a full appreciation for what I have been given. Also I have been edified through the temple. I have gained a stronger testimony of the blessings that come when we seek them and do the Father's will.

I am excited to move back to Rexburg, I just don't want to leave the Ward. People in my ward don't know what they have meant to me, even though they might not be my 'friends' I will forever be in debt for what they have taught me.

3 comments :

Laura Jansson said...

I'm so glad you have found positive things out of your "random move". Sounds like you are learning a lot, and I'm glad. :) Good luck with the move back! Love you <3

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

Take what you've learned and share it and use it to help others. Hopefully the new Ward in Idaho will be a positive experience too! Bloom where you're planted! :)

Heather said...

Yeah, I'm glad that things worked out here as far as church goes. The church and the Gospel are soooo important in all of our lives and I'm glad that you were able to have a better experience here.
Plus, it was nice to have you here for the summer!!! We'll miss you!!!