Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NCAA Championship Game

I am a die-hard UK fan, and if you know me more than likely you know this. Well considering I live in Indy and the fact that we thought UK really might have pulled off a perfect season, Clint agreed to let me buy a ticket to the game! I was more than excited I found an amazing seat for a decent price, decently priced for that particular game. Then Saturday night my heart was broken to pieces and Kentucky lost to Wisconsin and would not make it to the championship game. I took it with stride though and being a die-hard UK fan would not and could not let myself cheer for Duke to win the final game even though I was unhappy that Wisconsin beat us I knew what I had to do... I had to cheer for Wisconsin.

I wasn't going to let this hiccup in my plan stop me from going and having much needed "alone" time, alone meaning without kids or husband. I had a blast and met some fun new people who took me under their wings and taught me all about the Wisconsin team so I could "fit in" with them. At half time I must say the best part of the entire game occurred for me, but first here's a little history lesson...
both my parents are only children, therefore I have no aunts, uncles, or cousins. My parents on the other hand have several and their kids are the closest cousins we have. So with this said...
I was able to see my cousin Scott! He was at the game wit ha group of his friends and we met up just for a few minutes. Those few minutes might not have been much but I hadn't seen him in over 10 years. My family means the world to me even though we are all spread out we all know we love each other and would go to the end of the world for each other.

At the end of the game I was a little saddened that Duke won, but I had a great time and that's all the really mattered anyway. I made it home safe and sound that night/early morning and was so glad to see my bed. It had been a long few days and I was ready for a goodnight's sleep.









Scott and I!!


0 comments :