Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend

Friday morning Gavin and I set off for Kentucky for a special and fun filled weekend. Being excited for the events to occur I was not ready for what happened first. My poor Gavin got sick in the car, so I hurried and got off at the next exit and cleaned him up and we set off again. This time we made it about farther but he did it again and I repeated the process of cleaning him and the car yet again. By this point I was already almost over the trip as I was dealing with it all on my own and it was down pouring rain all while I was cleaning everything (and I couldn't put the windows down to help air out the car). Regardless I kept on as we were over half way to my parents already. We got there and just both crashed and washed everything and got ready for the rest of the weekend.

Saturday was a very special day as my first niece turned 8, which meant she was able to be a baptized member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We were lucky to be apart of her day and I just wish that the rest of my own little family had made the trip with us.










The Atonement that our Savior undertook for us is very dear to me. As we all have ups and downs in life the last few months have been some of the hardest mental, emotionally, and spiritually. I have relied on my Savior more than ever and what a better time is there than to reflect than on Easter Sunday? Gavin and I had a good day with my family watching General Conference, having an Easter egg hunt, and of course a delicious dinner.




















We weren't planning to head home until this morning (Monday) but for some reason I felt that I needed to hurry and pack our things and head home that night. I thought the trip down to my parents was rough, but oh boy was in in for a treat on the way back home that night. To save you all the gross details, in the 3 hour trip and the hour after we were home and got him a bath, Gavin was sick over 6 times. Bless his little heart! He was so tired and wore out by the time we got home that once we got him cleaned up and had his bath he just curled up in bed and slept until almost 1 pm this afternoon. Even though I wasn't too thrilled about driving at night with a sick little boy I know that my prompting was given so he could be at home while sick.

Even though we had rough travels, overall the weekend was filled with spiritual moments that I needed personally in my life. I want those of you out there who read and follow my life and family to know that I have a testimony of our Savior. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He gave His only begotten son because He wants us all to return to live as a family with Him someday. It is through the Atonement that it is made possible. If we rely in the Lord and turn our will over to Him we can and will conquer all things that we are given both difficult and easy. We will be strengthened beyond our own means and will learn who we truly are, children of God!

0 comments :