Saturday, September 15, 2012

Like A Kid In A Candy Store!

Alright, I have always had a love for Dippin' Dots. Growing up there was a little store at the mall and when they closed it was as if the world ended (ok maybe I'm being dramatic, but that's how much I love the stuff). I've had some a few times over the years at amusement parks and zoos. Last weekend I was spoiled and had it twice and the Tipton Pork Festival. We went once with Clint's Mom and Jerry, then again with them and took Cody. His mom was kind enough to get me some :)

Last night was date night and we went to see The Bourne Legacy (pretty good movie). Afterward neither of us were really hungry and we had planned on eating dinner, but plans changed. Clint had heard there was an actual Dippin' Dots ice cream store near by, and he decided to find it for his lovely wife. It was kind of late and we figured it was closed, but when we got there... they were open! Do you know how excited I was... even Scooter was excited he started kicking like no other (that's the nickname we have given our little boy for now). Of course there was no way we were just going to drive by and not get any, this pregnant lady wanted some. The boy working said people get pretty happy when they find the place, but when I told him I had taken pictures, he said that was a first haha! Leave it up to me to be the crazy kid. they had so many choice of 'ice cream' and the 'ices' it was hard to make a choice. They even have cakes, and milkshakes, and so much more! Who would have known?!?! Clint ended up getting a milkshake and I went for the normal large serve of 'ice'. I've never been a fan of the ice cream there, the texture of it when it't that frozen is weird, I always get the 'ice' (it's more like a sorbet almost, but it's just flavored ice). Anyway I went a little picture happy because I wanted to share this place with everyone!
Words cannot express how amazing this site was to me!
Had to have proof the place was real, and that I was there :)
Sorry it's dark, like I said it was late
Forget a welcome rug... I want one of these for our house!
Taking it all in. Look at those cute car stools even.
Clint was so excited he found this place for me (and to have some lol)
Alright I look like crap... but for real this place  was worth a crappy picture for lol
Look at what all you can get!!!
Someday I will own one, just not when I'm pregnant so I can wear it more often .
That's right... a Dippin' Dots ice cream cake.
Some of the Ice flavors
They had 3 big cases full... so many choices to be made
And I couldn't even get 1 entire case in the picture, just imagine...yum
You can even layer your flavors if you want!!!!
I had Rainbow Ice on bottom and Watermelon Ice on top.
It was delicious. 

NOW you want to come visit me don't you?!?! ... I want you to come visit, that way I have another excuse to go get some! Come on over to visit :)

2 comments :

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

What a FUN, EXCITING, place to find! Not to mention YUMMY! :)

Heather said...

JEALOUS! It looks soooo yummy!!!!