Monday, January 16, 2012

Road Trip

Last Monday after work I decided to take a road trip. I had called Clint on my lunch break and told him I had thought about driving up to see him but I wasn't certain. While the day hurried along at work I knew I was going to make the journey. I went home and packed rather quickly and told mom where I was going and I'd see her later. We talked for a few minutes then I headed out the door.

All of a sudden I felt like a race car driver. The need for speed was pumping through my body, however I knew I'd rather not get pulled over so I held back. The drive up to Elwood really isn't too bad and is only about 3 hours, give or take some depending on traffic. As I got closer and closer I began to think I had gone to the wrong place. Clint lives in the middle of "Nowhere-ville" as I called it while talking to him. Finally I made it to the house! I was HOME!

That night we went on a drive around town to show me things. Elwood is an older town and not what I'm use to, but change is always good right?!

The next morning he took me to breakfast and it was amazing. Breakfast is my favorite food and I could eat it for every meal almost. That was a good way to start our day off before heading to Indianapolis. The mall is always a good place to take me, plus I needed a new phone cover. I broke mine so what other place has the selection than what's at the mall?!

We ran around town for awhile, and got some lunch before heading to what might be a shock to some of you. You sitting down?? Ok here you have it... we went to David's Bridal. That's right, I went and tried on wedding dresses. Most of you are more than likely thinking..."but he can't see your dress!"... well I'm not that type of girl. I don't mind, after all I want him to like the dress as well. In the end I of course will get the dress I like and he won't know which one it is, but this way I know what kind he likes and doesn't.

That night we went and hung out with his Mom and Step-Dad. It was good getting to know them some and just feel right at home. They are sweet and kind people, even to someone as crazy as me ;)

Wednesday was my last day to spend up there with him before I left. We just spent time together and had lunch at an amazing Italian restaurant. I must say it was amazing! I had more food put in front of me than I knew what to do with.

When it came time for the ride back to Louisville my heart ached. I didn't want to leave this place, nor him. Clinton is one of the best things that's happened to me. I love him with all my heart and it broke my heart to drive away. I was at least glad to know that I would see him real soon as we had already made plans for him to come down and visit that Sunday (yesterday).

Clinton is down here and I'm more than excited to see what this trip holds for us!

1 comments :

Laura Jansson said...

Glad you're having fun & documenting some of your first dates!